You can contribute content and photos for the Featured Community section of this website! Email your pictures and...
Property Tax Exemptions & Deductions
There are several exemptions and deductions available to help lower property taxes if eligible. For homeowners, and businesses these forms are completed and filed with the County Auditor. For charitable and not-for-profit entities, the forms are filed with the Assessors office.
The State of Indiana has published State Form 51781 - Indiana Property Tax Benefits which defines all of the available property tax deductions, the maximum amount of the deduction, the eligibility requirements, the required application form and verification (proof) required to obtain the deduction, and restrictions when combining with other deductions. Please review the above form before refering to the specific deductions/exemptions below.
For homeowners, and businesses:
- The Homestead Exemption
- Mortgage Deduction
- The Solar Energy Deduction
- The Wind Energy Deduction
- The Geothermal Energy Deduction
- The Hydroelectric Power Device Deduction
- The Over Age 65 Deduction
- Deduction for the Blind and/or Disabled
- Deduction for Disabled Veterans and/or Veterans with Service Connected Disabilities
Certain exemptions also exist for charitable and not-for-profit entities. Contact the Assessors Office for more information.