Did you know you CANNOT make a payment at the Clerk's Office using an ATM or Credit card? The Clerk's Office only...
Area Planning Commission (Department)
Jamie Stump is the Director of the Randolph County Area Planning Commission. The office is open from 8am to 4pm M-F.
Contact the Commission
The mailing address is:
Randolph County Area Planning Commission
325 S. Oak St., Room 201
Winchester, IN 47394
Area Planning oversees planning and zoning for the county and issuing Improvement Location Permits which are required by the Building Commission prior to the issuance of a building permit.
Area Planning is your first stop for information about:
- Obtaining an Improvement Location Permit
- Requesting, for a property, a
- Reviewing the:
Directions to the Building Commission Office
The office is located in the Randolph Center for Family Opportunities building. From US Hwy 27 turn west on East Greenville Pike about 1/4 mile, then turn left onto Hospital Drive. Park in the parking lot and use the southwest entrance (by the flag pole). Take the elevator to the 2nd floor, then follow the hallway to your right. The office is in Suite 204.
Departments we work closely with:
- Building Commission – they issue the Building Permits and make sure the contractors are registered. We will not issue our Improvement Location Permit unless we know the contractor is registered and the Building Permit is issued. We work with the Building Commission in the same office because the two permits are issued together.
- Surveyors Office – The Area Planning Department will not issue a permit unless we have checked with the Surveyors Office to make sure a building or structure is not within 75 feet of a county ditch. We must make sure that they are not wanting to build over a legal county ditch or county tile. We take our permits to the Surveyors Office for a ditch clearance.
- Health Department – The Area Planning Department must have a septic permit or documentation from the Health Department saying it is okay to use the existing system that is already on the property in order to issue our permit for a new home or existing home.
- Assessors Office- Area Planning Department turns in copies of all permits on new structures for tax purposes and assessment. Auditors Office- Area Planning Department turns in any money collected for permits to Auditors Office. We work very closely with the plat department (draftsman) in regards to property transfers and property splits and splitting of properties in regard to the Unified Zoning Ordinance regulations.
- Recorders Office – The Area Planning Department obtains deed records from the Recorders Office.