Randolph County Soil & Water Conservation District now has bottles available to have your water tested by ELI....
Soil & Water Conservation
Stacy White (left) is the Randolph County Soil & Water Conservation District Office Manager. The office is responsible for identifying and addressing local natural resource issues and concerns.
Some of the things that the department monitors include:
- Soil erosion, fertilizers, and pesticides from land development and agriculture
- Failing septic systems
- Impared water quality in lakes, rivers and streams
- Impaired recreational uses of lakes, rivers, and streams
- Urban Sprawl
- Decreased wildlife habitat
We Address local natural resource issues and concerns by:
- Providing assistance to farmers on agricultural conservation practices
- Providing assistance to developers on urban conservation practices
- Providing assistance to homeowners on back yard conservation practices and septic system maintenance
- Building partnerships and obtaining financial and technical resources to address natural resource issues.
Our efforts benefit Randolph County by:
- Coordinating efforts to improve and protect the quality of our water and soil
- Providing leadership for the wise use of natural resources
- Serving as a clearinghouse for natural resource information
- Providing conservation education to the public
- Improving quality of life and adding beauty to our communities.
- Provide bottles for having your water tested by ELI.
- Provide specialized equipment for rent at reasonable prices
- Provide education on soil and water conservation
- Publish a soil and water conservation newsletter
- Have select Items for Sale
- Conduct a Bi-Annual Fish Sale
- Conduct a Fall Tree Sale
- Give away Free White Pine Seedlings
- Rain Barrels Rain Barrel Order Form
Directions to the Office:
The Soil and Water District office is located on the north side of Indiana highway 32 (Washington Street) about 1/2 mile east of US 27 (across from Burger King).
Board of Supervisors
- David Jennings, Chairman
- Darren Coulter, Vice Chairman
- Sam Farrington
- Larry Perkins
- Norman Peters
Randolph County Soil & Water Conservation District
975 East Washington St., Suite 2
Winchester, IN 47394
Phone: 765-584-4505 x 3